Business Email Compromise
Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks evade detection by traditional security tools because they target the human layer of enterprises.Get Whitepaper
What is Business Email Compromise?
In Business Email Compromise (BEC) scams, attackers claim to be a trusted entity - either internal or external - before using context, persuasion, and urgency to attempt financial theft from targeted accounts. Here’s how a BEC attack usually runs its course.
The Need for BEC Protection
The drip-drip of BEC attacks has created a billion dollar ocean. The 2019 IC3 Report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation found that over $26 billion has been lost in BEC attacks over the past three years.
These attacks sneak past legacy defenses because:
- They are laser targeted
- They avoid metadata-based detection
- They don’t contain malicious payloads
- They are socially engineered
Common BEC Attack Types
Vendor Email Compromise
These ‘long con’ attacks utilize compromised third-party email accounts to defraud organizations of money and sensitive data.
Attackers impersonate trusted executives - like the CEO or CFO - and induce target employees to take actions that lead to compromise.
Payroll Diversion Fraud
Targeted emails that fraudulently request a change in direct deposit information to steal from an employee.
Criminals pose as an unfamiliar but benevolent entity and promise windfalls to victims in an attempt to steal money or private data.
Armorblox Stops Business Email Compromise
Language powered technology
- Detection that combines signals from user identity, user behavior, and language analysis
- Algorithms built with deep learning, natural language understanding, and statistical models
Detailed attack analysis
- Study email-specific insights built for human eyes
- Use built-in feedback within email content for at-a-glance learning
- Leverage preconfigured policy actions that can automatically label, quarantine, or delete suspicious emails
- Utilize continuously updated policies as attacks evolve over time
Threat management and metrics
- Manage a central repository for all BEC threats with intuitive search and query
- Get at-a-glance overview of BEC threat remediation performance
Comprehensive Email Security
Lightning Fast Deployment
Accelerated Incident Response
Schedule a Demo Today!
Learn how Armorblox can help protect your organization against phishing, spear phishing and business email compromise attacks.