Business Email Compromise
Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks evade detection by traditional security tools because they target the human layer of enterprises.Watch Video Overview
What is Business Email Compromise?
In Business Email Compromise (BEC) scams, attackers claim to be a trusted entity - either internal or external - before using context, persuasion, and urgency to attempt financial theft from targeted accounts. Here’s how a BEC attack usually runs its course.
The Need for BEC Protection
The drip-drip of BEC attacks has created a billion dollar ocean. The 2019 IC3 Report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation found that over $26 billion has been lost in BEC attacks over the past three years.
These attacks sneak past legacy defenses because:
- They are laser targeted
- They avoid metadata-based detection
- They don’t contain malicious payloads
- They are socially engineered
Common BEC Attack Types
Vendor Email Compromise
These ‘long con’ attacks utilize compromised third-party email accounts to defraud organizations of money and sensitive data.
Attackers impersonate trusted executives - like the CEO or CFO - and induce target employees to take actions that lead to compromise.
Payroll Diversion Fraud
Targeted emails that fraudulently request a change in direct deposit information to steal from an employee.
Criminals pose as an unfamiliar but benevolent entity and promise windfalls to victims in an attempt to steal money or private data.
Armorblox Stops Business Email Compromise
- Detection that combines 1000s of signals across user identity, user behavior, and language analysis
- Algorithms built with deep learning, natural language understanding, and statistical models
Detailed attack analysis
- Study email-specific insights built for human eyes
- Understand exactly why Armorblox thinks an email is suspicious to simplify threat investigation
- Leverage preconfigured policy actions that can automatically label, quarantine, or delete suspicious emails
- Save time by setting automated remediation workflows for specific departments and threat types
Threat management and metrics
- Manage a central repository for all BEC threats with intuitive search and query
- Uncover communication insights for targeted security interventions e.g. most impersonated VIPs, most attacked departments
Comprehensive Email Security
Lightning Fast Deployment
Faster Response Times
Schedule a Demo Today!
Learn how Armorblox can help protect your organization against phishing, spear phishing and business email compromise attacks.