Email Account Compromise
Criminals are successfully stealing employee credentials and using compromised accounts to launch attacks that escape detection.Get Whitepaper
What is Email Account Compromise?
Even vigilant readers of email are bound to trust communications from colleagues after quickly checking the email address. But if a legitimate business email account has been taken over by cybercriminals, it ends up being the delivery vehicle for far-reaching attacks.
Lie in Wait
Common Indicators of Email Account Compromise
Anonymous IP Logins
You know an employee is in the office today, but they suddenly logged in from an anonymous IP address.
Impossible or Unusual Travel
Unless Sonic the Hedgehog is your employee, no one logs in from Los Angeles and Lagos within a span of 10 minutes.
Unusual Mail Patterns
An employee suddenly sends out 100 emails to both internal and external employees at 3am. Insomnia or something else?
Did an employee suddenly download 10 sensitive blueprints that are critical to your go-to-market plans for the year ahead?
Armorblox Prevents Email Account Compromise
Prevent credential phishing
- Detect and block emails that try to phish for account credentials e.g. fake Office 365 login pages
- Leverage computer vision and language models to detect 0-day phishing pages that evade traditional security controls
Identify anomalous behaviors
- Detect unusual behavioral signals e.g. anonymous logins, impossible travel
- Safe list accepted behaviors and remotely lock suspicious user accounts
Detect data exfiltration
- Spot attempts to gain persistence after account takeover
- Prevent data exfiltration by identifying unusual mail forwarding rules
Comprehensive Email Security
Lightning Fast Deployment
Faster Response Times
Schedule a Demo Today!
Learn how Armorblox can help protect your organization against phishing, spear phishing and business email compromise attacks.