Attackers impersonate trusted executives - like the CEO or CFO - and induce target employees to take actions that lead to compromise.Get Whitepaper
What is Executive Impersonation?
Let’s face it, a CEO usually won’t ask you to order gift cards in real life. But attackers use subtle spoofing techniques, bank on the innate human desire to not question authority, and induce actions that leave you with a red face and a lighter wallet. These attacks sneak past legacy defenses because:
They are laser targeted
They evade metadata-based detection
They don't contain malicious payloads
They are socially engineered
Common Indicators of Executive Impersonation
Attackers retain the executive’s display name and use domain spoofing techniques to slip past defenses.
Intent, Urgency, and Tone
Is a usually laid back CEO asking you to urgently process invoices worth $50,000 and forwarding you new bank details? Worth a second look.
You have regular work email conversations with the CFO, but you suddenly get 3 emails from their ‘personal email address’ that ask for sensitive pre-IPO documents.
Are You At Your Desk?
This simple one-sentence email has become an impersonation pick-up line, with data or financial loss just a few more emails down the line.
Armorblox Prevents Executive Impersonation
- Detection that combines 1000s of signals across user identity, user behavior, and language analysis
- Algorithms built with deep learning, natural language understanding, and statistical models
- Leverage preconfigured policy actions for executive impersonation that can automatically label, quarantine, or delete suspicious emails
- Save time by setting VIP lists and creating automated remediation workflows for specific threat types
- Get at-a-glance overview of impersonation threat remediation performance
- Uncover communication insights for targeted security interventions e.g. most impersonated VIPs, most attacked departments
Comprehensive Email Security
Lightning Fast Deployment
Faster Response Times
Schedule a Demo Today!
Learn how Armorblox can help protect your organization against phishing, spear phishing and business email compromise attacks.