The sprawl of cloud office solutions has opened up new avenues for targeted attacks and data loss over file-sharing applications like Box and OneDrive.Get Box Solution Brief
The Wild Wild West of Cloud-Hosted Files
The widespread adoption of file-sharing applications has expanded the threat surface and led to gaps in data visibility. Sensitive and confidential data can easily be shared with the wrong people, both within and across communication channels. Even worse is attackers exploiting public file-sharing folders to host malicious URLs and compromise high-value targets.
Targeted attacks and data loss over file-sharing solutions is prevalent because:
An (insecure) app for everything
Tough to measure dangerous actions
Data loss across apps
Hosting malicious URLs is easy
File-Sharing Security Challenges
Sensitive PII/PCI Disclosure
An employee is accidentally storing a document containing SSNs of their entire team in a shared Box folder.
Cloud-Hosted Zero Day Attacks
Attackers gain access to an employee’s Box credentials and host a zero-day link on Box to compromise high-value targets.
Lateral Data Loss
An employee downloaded sensitive data from email and shared it with noncompliant recipients over Box.
Confidential Data Leaks
An employee shared a Box link for a confidential document containing all your customer data with a contractor.
Armorblox Secures File-Sharing Applications
Spot disclosed PII/PCI and passwords
- Detect unencrypted passwords, SSNs, bank account details, and other sensitive information stored in or shared over Box files
- Deploy preconfigured policy actions that automatically block files containing sensitive data from being shared with noncompliant recipients
Stop phishing over file-sharing applications
- Detect malicious URLs within files at rest or in transit
- Automatically delete or quarantine malicious files with preconfigured policy actions
Prevent data loss across applications
- Prevent sensitive/confidential data from being shared across messaging, email, and file-sharing services
- Leverage behavioral baselines built from cross-channel learning
Leverage preconfigured policies
- Enable policy actions that automatically prevent sensitive data loss (warn, block) as well as stop file-hosted phishing links (quarantine, delete)
- Utilize continuously updated policies as attack and data loss indicators evolve with time
Protect File-Sharing Apps
Lightning Fast Deployment
Secure All Communications
Popular Armorblox Resources
Whitepapers, solution briefs, videos, and more!
Schedule a Demo Today!
Learn how Armorblox can help protect your organization against phishing, spear phishing and business email compromise attacks.